Below you'll find a cross-section of my journalistic writing, which includes profiles, essays, travel and restaurant guides, cultural and environmental reporting, service pieces, and event coverage, along with a few related "behind the scenes" articles about what it's like to do this work.
- By Sofia Perez [Published by Literary Hub, July 13, 2020] “Dear God,” I silently begged, “please no more castles, cathedrals, or churches.” It was day two […]
- What makes a paella authentic? It’s complicated. But this recipe isn’t. By Sofia Perez [Published by The Wall Street Journal, June 18, 2020] I was baptized […]
- By Sofia Perez [Published by Food52, April 30, 2019] Standing in my parents’ kitchen, I slipped the white chef’s apron over my head. As I tied […]
- [Published by The Clark Hulings Fund for Visual Artists, April 6, 2019] With more than 40 years of experience as an artist and educator, W.C. “Chip” […]
- By Sofia Perez [Published by Literary Hub, November 2, 2017] This story began on April 15th, 2016. The exact date is marked forever in my memory […]
- By Pete Dulin [Published by Feast.com, March 5, 2015] Avant-garde Chef Ferran Adrià of famed restaurant el Bulli not only created stunning food, but also drawings […]